Certified Emissions Testing
Come visit Butler Automotive at 4726 Washington Rd, Evans Georgia. Save a long ride and get your vehicle tested! Call the Butler in Evans Today at (706) 869-0003.
Butler Automotive performs certified emissions testing for vehicles registered in Georgia. Annual emissions inspections are valid for 12 months or one registration renewal by the same owner. Testing your vehicle's emissions is essential for you, the environment and will allow you to update your vehicle registration.
Now emissions testing is faster and easier than ever! Schedule ahead of time and skip the waiting
Save yourself a trip to Atlanta and get your car emission tested by The Butler in Augusta!
Test early to make sure your vehicle passes inspection! (4-6 weeks prior to registration renewal rate)
Emissions testing in Georgia is part of the annual inspection required of motorists in certain areas of the state before receiving their car registration. Get your vehicle tested at a State Certified Inspection Station. You can trust Butler Automotive at 4726 Washington Rd, Evans Georgia. You Don’t have to Drive to Atlanta to get your vehicle tested! Call the Butler in Evans Today at (706) 869-0003.
Vehicle emissions testing is required annually in the 13 metro Atlanta counties in Georgia (Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale County) in order for motorists to complete their vehicle registration. If your car is registered in Georgia call us today. You don’t have to drive to Atlanta to get this done!
Preparation is key to ensuring you pass your annual emissions test. An emissions inspection is valid for 12 months or one registration renewal, by the same owner. Georgia’s Clean Air Force (GCAF) recommends that motorists test their vehicle four to six weeks prior to the registration renewal date (the vehicle owner’s birthday) to allow for any needed repairs. Vehicles can be tested well in advance if the owner will be out of the area at the time of registration.
Why get tested/best practices checklist
- If your vehicle is a 1997-2018 model year gas-powered car or light duty truck registered in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale County, it is required by law to be tested and certified.
- It's best to get your vehicle inspected four to six weeks before the registration renewal date, making an emission inspection valid for one year.
- The owner(s) should pay any ad valorem taxes due on the vehicle by the renewal due date to avoid paying a 10 percent ad valorem tax penalty.
- If a car does not pass the test, a tag and/or decal can not be issued.
- The three most recent model year vehicles are exempt from emissions testing each year. For registration in 2021, this includes all 2019 and newer model year vehicles.
- vehicles that are 25 model years or older are exempt from emissions testing.